The Healthcare industry is in the global spotlight due to COVID-19. Analysts expect the Healthcare Market to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 8-9% from 2020 to 2027, reaching $520 million. For those in Healthcare sales, business is set to boom, however, be aware of the changes.
COVID-19 has clearly upended the typical Healthcare sales cycle. Face-to-Face interactions have decreased. Conferences and other large-scale industry events have been canceled. Buyers under financial strain are reassessing how to best invest their money.
It’s time to adapt and leverage the current changes to your advantage or stay stagnant and miss out.
- Identify Your Customer’s New Pain and New Burdens
- Whether you sell PPE disposables to Hospitals or Telemedicine and Robotics to IDN’s, your target audience has undoubtedly experienced changes since COVID-19 began. Through your relationships, express empathy and educate yourselves on these new pains and burdens your target audience faces. Changing of treatment protocols and supply chain disruptions are a couple examples. Client surveys formally identifying their needs will help you adapt your sales messaging.
- Master Virtual Communication Tools
- When touching base with existing clients or having a first-time meeting with a new client, odds are the exchange will be virtual. Be prepared to adapt to your customer’s needs. Acquaint yourself with the most popular virtual communication platforms including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, and Google Hangouts. Keep it simple for your client.
- Develop a Digital Event Marketing Initiative
- Historically, Conferences & Trade Shows were a prime spot for building relationships in the Healthcare space. While some events are continuing with new COVID-19 safety measures, others are moving online. Now is the time to develop a Digital Advertising Campaign that may include hosting a webinar or virtual round table discussions on niche topics that are updated and relevant to your client. Be sure to establish yourself as an authoritative knowledge source.
- Monitor Your Success and be Able to Adapt to What is Working and What is NOT.
- If COVID-19 has taught us anything, it is the importance of quickly adapting. If you want to succeed in Healthcare sales, we don’t just want to sit around collecting lower than average guaranteed commissions, but act immediately with making changes. Monitoring the success of your Methodology, Webinars, Responses and Leads is critical. Conclude by developing a metrics system with who and how to follow-up. As we are in the age of Social Media, we need to adapt now.
- Don’t give up during difficult times. When your competitors are snoozing, the timing is right to gain that competitive edge through hard work, dedication, and perseverance.